Bolt-on Mount (for “Van and Trailer Racks”)
Other bike racks are designed for cars… but of course caravans put a LOT more stress on bike racks than cars do.
Which is why the GripSport Bolt-On Mount is heavy duty steel, zinc plated and has been engineered specifically for caravans & camper trailers and the extreme conditions they’re subjected to.
- Available with either a “Tall” or “Short” or “Jayco Expanda” main post (see explanation below).
- Used for fitting ‘Van and Trailer Racks’ to caravan & camper trailer “A” frames.
- Can also be fitted to some rear bumpers. CLICK HERE for important information on fitting bike racks to the rear of caravans and camper trailers.
- Suits fitting methods 1 & 2 in the “Fitting Guide”. CLICK HERE to see the fitting guide.
- Suits 2-bike and 4-bike Van and Trailer Racks – both “tilting” and “fixed” models.
- Freight free – if ordered along with a Van or Trailer Rack.
- All posts are height adjustable per below.
“Tall” post – the most common setup – used on any vans and campers where you need to get the bike rack (and bikes) up and over toolboxes, gas bottles and spare wheels etc.
“Short” post – a less common setup – used on those vans and campers that a/… have nothing for the bikes to sit over the top of or b/… have pull out beds that the bike rack has to fit under.
“Jayco Expanda” post – ONLY needed for ‘Expandas’ (because these vans have extremely low pull-out beds, meaning that bikes and rack have to be removed before setting up the bed). These posts are exactly the same as the “short” post (directly above), but they have a built-in quick release system allowing bikes and rack to be completely removed (right down to the level of the red arrow) in under 30 seconds.